Dreaming Out Loud, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit social enterprise whose mission it to build an equitable food system, grow economic opportunity for marginalized people, and more resilient communities.
Our new website is currently under development. To stay involved join our email list or donate below:
Since 2014, Dreaming Out Loud, Inc. has reached nearly 40,000 people through community-centered farmers markets helping to provide access to fresh, local produce in communities impacted by “food deserts”. Working with local farmers, we have distributed more than 250,000 pounds of produce, hosted more than 1,400 people in healthy cooking demonstrations, and while building a stronger regional food system.
We’ve also hosted youth in the Summer Youth Employment Program, training them to grow healthy food, learn the skills to sell what they grew, and to run the farmers markets — including administering Produce Plus, a District Department of Health nutrition incentive program. And we have more to come!
Learn more about our work below:
- Next City profile.
- Ashoka-American Express Emerging Innovator.
- 50 Under 50.
- DC City Council (6/2/2014) Urban Farm and Food Security Act; my testimony begins at 1:00:00.
- DC City Council (4/22/2015) Health and Human Services Committee advocating my testimony begins at approximately 2:21:00.
- Emerald Planet Segment begins at 19:02.
- Let’s Talk Live (12/2/2014).
- Let’s Talk Live (2015).
- UDC CAUSES Interview. Dreaming Out Loud Local Food Sustainability.
- WHUR “Soul Food Justice” Interview.
- Healthy Affordable Food For All Interviews.